Ingredients for 24 dumplings:
4 cups all-purpose flour(500 g)
2 teaspoons salt, divided
1 ¼ cups warm water(300 mL)
2 cups red cabbage(200 g)
2 cups green onion(300 g), sliced
6 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons ginger, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
½ lb ground pork(225 g)
½ teaspoon pepper
¾ cup mushroom(55 g), diced
¾ cup carrot(90 g), diced
½ lb shrimp(225 g), peeled and deveined
¼ cup soy sauce(60 mL)
¼ cup rice wine vinegar(60 mL)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flake
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, and the warm water and mix until well-combined.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll out 1 piece of dough into a thin log and use the Dumpling-Pro™ Dough Cutter.
- Keep the dumpling wrappers separated with a small piece of parchment paper and repeat with the remaining dough.
- Combine the cabbage, green onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a medium bowl and mix until well-incorporated.
- For the pork filling, combine the ground pork with the remaining teaspoon of salt, the pepper and 1 cup (125g) of the cabbage mixture and stir until well-incorporated.
- For the veggie filling, combine the mushrooms and carrot and microwave for 3 minutes, until soft. Add 1 cup (125g) of the cabbage mixture and stir until well-incorporated.
- For the shrimp filling, combine the shrimp with 1 cup (125g) of the cabbage mixture and stir until well-incorporated.
- To assemble the dumplings, add roughly 1 heaping tablespoon of filling to the center of a dumpling wrapper. Use the Dumpling-Pro™ mold to seal each dumplings.
- Heat the oil over medium high in a large skillet and add a few dumplings, cooking them in batches. Once the bottoms of the dumplings start to brown, add a splash of water and cover with a lid. Steam for about 5 minutes, or until the dumplings are cooked and the water has evaporated. Transfer the cooked dumplings to a paper towel-lined plate to remove any excess moisture or grease.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and pepper flakes and stir to combine. Serve the dumplings immediately with the dipping sauce.